Welcome to Author Terri D's blog

I want to welcome everyone to my blog. I want to share information with you about my writing and also from time to time will discuss topics that are near and dear to all of our hearts. The books from my debut series Yesterday's Lies, Today's Truth and Tomorrow's Aftermath are currently available. I also have an eBook series Me and Mr. Right Now and Me and Mr. Wrong, Passport Wife, Love, Lies & Fight, Journaling for Self-Care for Young Adults, Journaling for Self-Care for Persons in Recovery and Journaling for Self-Care for Holistic Wellness are also available on Amazon and all other online book retailers.

Sunday, May 13, 2018

A special Mothers Day post for my mom

Today May 13th 2018 is the day that we celebrate mothers in the United States.  I am not currently in the states.  I am in the Dominican Republic where mothers day is celebrated on May 30th.  So there won't be anything special happening here for me today.  I can't remember the last time that I wasn't with my mom on mother's day or able to see my children.  I think my mom and my children all think that I've forgotten about them or that not being there today doesn't affect me but they are wrong.  The truth is I did search for flights to see if I could make it home and surprise everyone but it just simply wasn't in my budget right now.  I'm dedicating this post to my mom, Patricia Lynn Gadsden because she is the best mom anyone could ever have.  We don't get to choose our mothers but if I had a choice I would still choose you mom.  I once sang a song to you, The Wind Beneath my Wings and you truly are that for me.  You are always there for me, no matter what and even if you don't agree with me we can still get along.  It's  because of you that I am not in jail right now for physically harming one of my children (It doesn't matter which one LOL).  I know you think that I don't always listen to you, but I do and I also watch you.  I've learned so many things from you over the years, too many to count or list here.


You might not believe or understand this but you're the reason I'm here now.  You've always encouraged me to go after the things I want so here I am.  Don't fret, I'm coming back.  This message isn't to let you know that I've decided to stay here or anything.  I know you'd be on the first thing smoking to come get me if I tried that LOL.  I know this past year has  been hard for you in so many ways and I haven't made it any easier being away so much.  Just know that as much as you miss me, just triple that and that's about half as much I miss you.  I miss our daily talks even though sometimes they are very brief.  I miss your random drop ins to use the bathroom at my house.  I miss our movie dates where you insist on bringing Mr Nate.  LOL.  I miss our brainstorming sessions when one of us, usually you has a great idea about something new.

I'm at a point in my life where I can really say that I've had a great life.  Sometimes as parents I think we think we could have done better for our children and if you've ever had that thought, I'm telling you now that my life was exactly what I needed.  Life is a series of lessons and I had some serious lessons to learn along the way, in fact I'm still learning every day.  If there is such as thing as the perfect mom you would definitely win that award.  You had just the right mixture of love, discipline, structure and fun. 

On  your 60th birthday I sang a non traditional song to you.  It's supposed to be a love song from a woman to a man but I think the words perfectly describe how I feel about you and what you've meant to me in my life.  Just replace the word baby with mommy and it will make sense LOL.
Here it is:
Because you loved me

Happy Mothers Day Mom
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment