Welcome to Author Terri D's blog

I want to welcome everyone to my blog. I want to share information with you about my writing and also from time to time will discuss topics that are near and dear to all of our hearts. The books from my debut series Yesterday's Lies, Today's Truth and Tomorrow's Aftermath are currently available. I also have an eBook series Me and Mr. Right Now and Me and Mr. Wrong, Passport Wife, Love, Lies & Fight, Journaling for Self-Care for Young Adults, Journaling for Self-Care for Persons in Recovery and Journaling for Self-Care for Holistic Wellness are also available on Amazon and all other online book retailers.

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Weak

 Week # 4 

I titled this post weak because that's how I am feeling, weak. There's just so much to adjust to for us both. Coming out of the pandemic and being isolated for a year has also added a layer of complexity to this situation.  Anyway this week we experienced some new discoveries and realizations.  We added to our workout room.  He and my friends husband worked most of the day on Saturday putting together his new home gym. That was very entertaining for me since neither of them speaks the others language lol. They were able to figure it out though. This keeps him busy for a couple of hours after work each day so it's a win for me.



I introduced him to the Hershey outlets and well that lead to my realization that my husband is a shopaholic. He arrived with 2 pairs of shoes and now has at least 20.  I still have more than that so it's all good.  

We were both pleasantly surprised that 4 weeks to the day of his arrival his permanent resident card arrived.  We both breathed a sigh of relief and it was cause for celebration so we did.  Here's hubby sporting his USA shirt. 

He got his first full paycheck and of course didn't understand all of the taxes so that was fun trying to explain that to him lol. 

Most days he enjoys work and he loves being able to use the exercise equipment here at the house.  We've also added a couple of chairs and an umbrella to the small deck off our bedroom so we can sit out there in the mornings or evenings. I've had that deck for almost 15  years and never sat out there before.

We're both still being stretched outside of our comfort zones in so many ways.  It's just about what I expected it to be. Yes he works all of my nerves at times and I'm pretty sure I return that favor to him but at the end of the day we are still Team Martinez. 

Our next adventure is this coming weekend, we are hosting a couple of his friends for the weekend. This next post is going to be a good one. I'm sure you won't want to miss it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment