Welcome to Author Terri D's blog

I want to welcome everyone to my blog. I want to share information with you about my writing and also from time to time will discuss topics that are near and dear to all of our hearts. The books from my debut series Yesterday's Lies, Today's Truth and Tomorrow's Aftermath are currently available. I also have an eBook series Me and Mr. Right Now and Me and Mr. Wrong, Passport Wife, Love, Lies & Fight, Journaling for Self-Care for Young Adults, Journaling for Self-Care for Persons in Recovery and Journaling for Self-Care for Holistic Wellness are also available on Amazon and all other online book retailers.

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Changing Seasons

 

    This beautiful tree is a daily reminder to me that I am not the only person or thing going through a change of seasons right now.  Just as the leaves change from green to beautiful vibrant colors I too am embracing the changes that are occurring now and the ones still yet to come.

   Learning to live alone again is going well, in fact I love my new space. It is exactly the environment I needed for the metamorphosis that is occurring within me.  My new space is quiet, serene and has beautiful views of nature that I can enjoy from inside the comfort of my home.  I am NOT an outdoorsy person.  I chose the word metamorphosis on purpose as it means "a change of the form or nature of a thing or person into a completely different one, by natural or supernatural means." My transformation is internal, more mental than physical. It's the rebirth of the person I once was with some new additions based on lessons learned. I firmly believe that we should be on a continuous journey of learning, growing and changing so I am embracing it. 

    I am a work in progress.  Working towards focusing on what I can change within myself, not others. The Serenity prayer is my mantra on the difficult days:


Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity 

to accept the things I cannot change, 

the courage to change the thing I can, 

and the wisdom to know the difference.


    Managing my time between surrounding myself with my circle of family and friends who provide me with the support, feedback and motivation I need to make these changes. As well as the needed time alone to process all of the feelings and emotions that come along with such a major transformation. 

    Winter is the time for rest and hibernation to rebuild for the coming spring and I cannot make any promises or predictions but I'm thinking that something beautiful and refreshed, revitalized will emerge after the cold long days of winter. Stay tuned to see.


Also I have recently published the sequel to Passport Wife which is titled Love Lessons.


If you're wondering what became of the Passport Wife? She learned from some valuable Love Lessons.  Order your copy today. Click the link below.

 https://www.amazon.com/Love-Lessons-Terri-D/dp/B0BHMV362W/ref=sr_1_1?crid=21K29V1G9RSJB&keywords=Love+Lessons+by+Terri+D&qid=1666057259&s=books&sprefix=love+lessons+by+terri+d%2Cstripbooks%2C99&sr=1-1







No comments:

Post a Comment